The Current’s collection is focused on the impact of technology on the human condition.
We seek works that are digitally-native, making the actual artwork itself accessible among our supporters. The Current's collection is your collection as well.
Artists in the Collection
LaTurbo Avedon, Meriem Bennani, Snow Yunxue Fu, Ryan Kuo, Tabita Rezaire, and Jakob Kudusk Steensen.
Conditions for Acquisition
- We collect variable media artworks that can exist entirely on an electronic storage carrier (the work, required physical components, and any parameters*)
- The work offers a critical inquiry into technology’s effect on the human condition
- The Artist is living – we aim to collect across pioneers, emerging market artists, and early career artists
*Such as artist intent, instructions, equipment specifications, production guidelines for physical components, scores, codebase, project files, etc.
- The Current collects challenging variable media work
- The collection is flexible to exist across instantiations, without reliance on physical artifacts
- Our commitment to conservation aims to maintain these works
- We are supported by a network of people helping us experiment with access and care of the works, in collaboration with our artists.
- Artists we collect are invited as members of The Current to help shape the collection
Learn more about our collection on Drip.